Thursday, October 30, 2014

Teamwork and Trauma

There has been a big pile of leftover wood from my husbands job site sitting in front of our house for the past couple days. I have been meaning to stack it all neatly to be used for firewood, but for one reason or another haven't gotten to it. So today, it 
was on my list of priorities. I had a good system going, stacking each piece with other pieces of similar shapes and sizes. Almost half way through the pile I came across something I had never seen before. There were three ants all pulling in separate directions, trying to disarm (literally) a spider! I silently cheered them on, "Way to go guys! Teamwork makes the dream work!" (I am not a huge fan of spiders) 


So I stopped to take a picture as you can see above, and then I got back to work. I was almost through the entire pile, and I paused to admire my neat little stacks of firewood. I turned around, picked up the last two boards, and there staring me right in the face was a HUGE spider - about the size of a QUARTER! And I was really wondering where those ants were when I needed them. Anyway, It was kind of the highlight of my day. 


Then I took a picture of a giant pine cone because I love pine cones, and it was so pretty. It really made me feel better after all of the trauma I had gone through with the spider. 

1 comment: