Monday, January 19, 2015

Intruder

During one of our family visits, we decided to leave our wonderful home on wheels at a friend's house to store for us. We had been away for approximately a week, and were so happy to be back in our own space! Little did we know, when we moved out, someone else moved in.

 As I was getting our little home back  in order, I found some clues that someone else had been there. First, he had eaten all of my stash of Whoppers, and part of my Hershey bar. Whoever it was clearly had impeccable taste. Then, I noticed the little gifts he had dropped in EVERY drawer. I took ALL of my dishes out and washed them, and then I bleached every surface I could find! I assumed he left when we came back, until one night as my husband and I were relaxing on our couch we heard scratching coming from beneath our kitchen sink. We thought maybe we were just hearing things until I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I looked, and there to my surprise (and his too) was a MOUSE! We made eye contact for a very brief moment, and he took off as fast as he could. 

The next day, my husband went to the store to get some traps. Just so my conscience is clear, we did get the humane mouse traps too. I really didn't want to kill the little guy. I just didn't want him to be our house guest anymore. Unfortunately, the mouse chose the wrong trap, and he died. I almost cried when I saw him. He really was very cute and looked like a sweet little thing. It really is unfortunate he went the way he did, but I am happy to say that as of now, we are rodent free! 

1 comment: