Wednesday, April 8, 2015

A Momentous Day

Yes, this is MY tire on MY car! How could something like this happen to me?! I was just trying to enjoy my day, doing my laundry at the laundromat down the street, and the nice lady next door informed me that my tire was flat! OH! and on top of that, I found my first gray hair this morning! UGH!! Anyway, back to my flat tire. I tried to call my husband, who was at work, but I am in the mountains right now with terrible cell signal. I think my phone just knew I was in desperate need of help and decided not to cooperate. I finally decided to try and call my brother on the other side of the country who answered and advised me to go to the nearest gas station to put air in the tire. So, I did. I drove back to the laundromat, and as soon as I got out of my car, I could HEAR the air leaking out of my tire. GRRR!! I called my brother back who told me I needed to put my spare tire on. I said, "Ok where do I put the jack?" 

He laughed. He said he would have to see the car to know where to put the jack, and since he was in the middle of a youth activity at his church (and he's on the other side of the country) he could not come help me. So I drove to a place where they do oil changes and asked them to please show me where to put my jack?! They were so nice. They did the whole thing for me! And they showed me where to put the jack if I ever find myself in that situation again. They told me not to worry about paying them, but I told them I would bake them a cake. I am so thankful for nice people! And I am super stoked that I now know how to change my own tire! (I learned how to change a tire a long time ago, but have never actually had to do it. But now I know how to do it on my car!) And I'm not gonna worry too much about my gray hair. I have highlights right now, so it blends in pretty well!

1 comment: