Thursday, April 16, 2015

Missing Family

Life is tough. Life is beautiful. It takes you places you never imagined you could go. For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to see for myself the giant redwoods and sequoias of California. Last year, we lived in a place literally down the street from
some of those magnificent beauties. As a child, I wanted to be a Canadian mounted police. (random, I know!) I have not been able to fulfill that dream, nor do I believe I ever will, but I was able to visit Canada! I never thought there would be any reason for me to visit Canada, but I was able to go while my sister lived there, to meet my newborn nephew and his sleep deprived parents! I've seen ghost towns, remnants from the days of the gold rush, historical sights from the "Wild West", the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, and so many things that many people only hope to see. I have been all over the southern and eastern United States. I have been to Bolivia, Peru, Guatemala, and was able to spend a little over 3 months in Brazil. I have been blessed to be able to travel. Today I am really missing my family.


My family is spread out all over the states, and I miss every single one of them! Some of them I have not seen in years, and some I saw only a couple weeks ago. Most of the time, I can distract myself so I don't think about missing them as much. But recently I began a new writing venture, which has caused me to have to really dig deep into my thoughts and memories, and I have all sorts of memories flooding my mind involving my family, and I really miss them! 

So today, I want to shout out to all of my family, semi-near and far away with a big, I LOVE YOU!! 


1 comment:

  1. I love you too :-) And I sure do miss you. So thankful we can keep in touch in one way or another, but looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks! Yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete