Thursday, February 12, 2015

Persevere



I was in my church small group the other day, and the lesson was on our mountains. The scripture that was used was Joshua 14:12a, "Now therefore give me this mountain, whereof the LORD spake in that day." 

The application was that each of us have a mountain (or purpose) that God has intended for us. To some, their purpose is clear and others are on a journey toward figuring out that purpose. I personally, feel that I am on a journey toward finding and fulfilling that purpose. And that is okay! Sometimes the purpose is the journey itself. So whether you know your purpose or you are like me, on the journey, persevere! Keep going! Strive to be your best you every day! Know that wherever you are in life, God knows you are there. 

The little plant in the picture seems the most unlikely to break its way through the cement to the surface. But it did it! One day at a time, one small millimeter at a time, it broke through! Don't get discouraged! Be patient! Keep going! If this tiny, fragile plant can break through something as tough as cement, you can make it to your goal! And if you don't yet have a goal, keep going! Enjoy the journey! You never know where the journey will lead you!

1 comment:

  1. Amen, Sista!!! And I LOVE your new scarves on Etsy...especially the teal one :-)

    ReplyDelete