Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Patience

One of the things that has had my emotions all in a blunder recently has been my deep heart desire for another baby. It has been over eight months now since we lost our first, and I have been praying that the Lord would bless us with another ever since. He has not chosen to do that yet, and it has honestly been wearing on me a bit. I don't mean to complain, but it is perplexing to me how He works and times things. I know His ways are not our ways and His thoughts are not our thoughts. I know He knows best and that He is probably using this time to teach me some vital lesson. I have a couple ideas of what they may be, too. It could be that He is teaching me that I cannot always have my way, which is a hard one because I have always gotten my way, for the most part. It could be that He is teaching me patience, or He could be teaching me that I do not have to have a child to be complete. I can be complete in Him. It could be all of the above. Or it could be something that I have never even considered. Whatever the reason, I found comfort in a verse that I happened upon today. I was reading in the book of James. James is one of my favorite books. It is like a treasure chest buried in shallow water. It is so easy to get into, and it is so full of so many good principles and teachings. I love it! Anyway, chapter 5, verse 11 about halfway through says, "ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord." Wow.. It was just what I needed to see today. Whether the Lord decides to give us another child or children, or whether He teaches us an invaluable lesson, I believe He will bless us as He blessed Job in the end. I just have to be patient and trust Him. 

O soul are you weary and troubled? No light in the darkness you see? There’s light for a look at the Savior and life more abundant and free.
Through death into life everlasting, he passed and we follow Him there. Over us sin no more hath dominion for more than conquerors we are.
His Word shall not fail you He promised. Believe Him, and all will be well. Then go to a world that is dying, His perfect salvation to tell.
Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face. And the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace.

- Helen H. Lemmel

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking today (after being quite discouraged) that I'm sure thankful we have this hope: That the Creator of the universe has a plan, and that we can trust Him. At least we know these things are not just haphazard, but that He does all things well.

    ReplyDelete