Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Sky

We have relocated! No longer surrounded by the majestic trees of the forest, I see the big, blue, cloudy sky clearly. I love it! Snow capped mountains are visible in the distance and the city is buzzing around me. It is a wonderful day! 

I have been brainstorming of different things I can make with my sewing machine. I got fabric to make a skirt and a Christmas dress. Today I finished my skirt. It is the first item of clothing I have ever made, and it turned out alright. I did not use a pattern because I could not find one that looked like what I was thinking, but I think next time I should definitely use a pattern. It took me 5 or 6 hours to make it without one. I kept trying it on and pinning and sewing, and the cycle seemed endless! But I did get it done, and am anxious to wear it during my visit with family at Christmas. I will share a picture of it at a later date. :)


1 comment:

  1. Way to go!!! Looking forward to seeing all your creativity blossoming :-)

    ReplyDelete